"Flowers for Algernon" By Daniel Keys, published in Fantasy and Science Fiction.
Copyright 1959 by Mercury Press.

July 10

My landlady Mrs Flynn is very worried about me. She says the way I lay around all day and dont do anything I remind her of her son before she threw him out of the house. She said she doesnt like loafers. If Im sick its one thing, but if Im a loafer thats another thing and she wont have it. I told her I think Im sick.
I try to read a little bit every day, mostly stories, but sometimes I have to read the same thing over and over again because I dont know what it means. And its hard to write. I know I should look up all the words in the dictionary but its so hard and Im so tired all the time.
Then I got the idea that I would only use the easy words instead of the long hard ones. That saves time. I put flowers on Algernons grave about once a week. Mrs Flynn thinks I'm crazy to put flowers on a mouses grave but I told her that Algernon was special.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flowers to be the most Important Part of every occasion used for Marriages, death day, for prayers and also for birthday Parties. So, want to buy flowers you will get every year, every month, every day, every Minute at huge discounts only at kkeflowers.in.
flowers

iabusepeople said...

flowers can lik my buthole

hi said...

no bad language kids could see

Unknown said...


Showbox Apk